One Mans Quest

I'm a fifty two year old guy who started going to the gym about four years ago in the hopes of reengineering my body mind and life. I've not really lost weight, but I have managed to get my body fat down to less than 10% which is surprising. I can't imagine a life without exercise now, but to stay focused it's necessary to constantly mix things up and make it challenging and fun. These blogs are some of the things I've learned- what has worked, what hasn't and some of the wacky ways I've found to stay fit. enjoy!

Disclaimer! please read!- I'm not a trainer, and certainly don't profess to be ay kind of expert, I'm writing about my personal experiences and highly recommend that if you want to try my routines, you consult a professional trainer.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Big Five Oh

Well here I am the other side of 50, but only by a few days. I would have dreaded the day if I hadn't been been in better shape at 50 than I was at 30!

I anticipated my last work-out of my 40's and envisioned it as one of those super-powered work-outs that leave you on an adrenaline high for days. Ironically, it was nothing of the sort- in fact it was kind of flat, as was the first one as a fifty year old.  Well that's okay, it's pretty common to have one or two less than perfect work-outs from time to time. The main thing is not to beat yourself up about it do the best you can and enjoy the really great work-outs when they happen.

Happily, I was back on track today and enjoyed the gym so much, it was kind of hard to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment